Sweet Love

“ Our love is like a turtle. Humble and simple, enduring by virtue of perfect design.”

After hitting the sack for a few hours, here I am again. I’ve been trying to think of the label that would fit this entry. I was staring closely at my monitor when that shoe-box sized papemelroti box caught my eyes. I realized that it has been a while since I last checked it’s content, unlike before when I used to have enough time for myself I make it a point to check it at least twice a month. You might be curious about its content, well, it has Old cards of all kinds, from Greeting cards, Christmas, Birthdays and even cards that are made by my seatmates 15 years ago. Cards made from coupon bonds and cut-outs not so pretty but are very special to me. Funny how these little things remind of my childhood days. Apart from my cards it also has my diaries. I still have 3 of them though I can only read 2 because I created my own set of alphabet on the other one and I can’t find the legend anymore. So it’s really hard to figure out what’s on there. Oh! Even my old report cards are here! LOL

Last but definitely not the least is the letters. Letters from special people. From friends and loved ones.


Back to the times where texting are not so popular, writing a letter is I guess the best way to let someone know how special they are to you. And this goes not only for romantic purposes but also for platonic relationships. Sometimes it’s easier to say things on a letter that to say it personally. I have a couple of them, mostly from my circle of friends. From crushes to pity quarrels to minor “kampihan” issues, to major “identity” problems. I love reading each one of them.

Then here comes my favorite love letters. Though I must say that whenever I get one, for some resasons I really get irritated. Modesty aside, I have lots of em. Some are letters that look like scratch papers (oops sorry)

though I really appreciate the effort. Some are customized love letter. And some are long and all- English love letters. These long-all-English love letters came from the person who now owns my heart. For the longest time that we’ve been together, I never get tired of reading all those love letters over and over again. I remember one time I was reading one of his love letters on my way to school and I cried, because I felt so love. Even now when I read that particular letter, it still does the same. I think I should call it the magic love letter from now on. For our relationship to lasts this long, this is indeed spellbound! Lol.


“Lately though, the winds seem to have gotten stronger and scarier. I know it has not been easy for us. But we can do this. I believe in us and I believe so much in our love.”

Could our love be really like the turtle it describes?

Yes.

Comments

Popular Posts