Rx. Good Laugh



Cliché but admit it, this always works, well, at least for me. After a long and very tiring work-week, finally the much awaited day-off is here. It’s always nice to end a not-so-nice-week with a blast of good laugh. I am lucky to have known people like Mimi and Ice who always give me reason to exercise all my facial muscles and had me laughing at my hearts content. When we are together, no jokes are corny, no words are censored, no one escapes the “lait” and food always taste better. In this kind of industry where stress occupies more than half of your mind. You need to have an outlet, a shock absorber , a mental booster and a good laughter. See how that rhymes? Lol. Kidding aside, these guys are the reason why I haven’t left the dungeons. I know money is important, but you can get that in other places, unlike good friends... Sad that Melai and Gk was not able to join us.. well, we talked about them so I guess that would already suffice the need for their presence. Peace.

It’s really a wonder how simple things can make you happy, moments like this will make you realize that People and Time are really inimitable. You can have all the money in the world and buy yourself all the material things this world can offer. But at the end of the day, if you have no one to share the good things and the funny stories that have happen to you. Everything is worthless. I remember how mimi and I used to rant about us not being born with a silver spoon in our mouths, asking questions like why don’t we have Ayala or Araneta as our last names and talks about the lucky students of Poveda who always have their yayas carrying their bags when it seems that there is only one notebook inside it. People by nature always compare themselves to other people, I think this is typical. But then again, this can either make you a whole or break you into pieces. Nothing's worst than being miserable because you think that you're worse than anyone. Before we get in the bus, we always realize that at least we are left with no choice but to move up, and that make us feel better.

Those people might be financially well, they may not have to stay up for the night and troubleshoot internet problems over the phone and get shouted at by narrow-minded customers.

But who knows they too might be asking the same questions. At least in our case, a Good ang Heart- felt laugh can save the day. I don’t think this works the same way for them.


Comments

Popular Posts